Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1 Resolution-WHITEOUT!

My initial plan was to go "cold turkey" with my "WHITEOUT."  I've been there and done that.  Unfortunately, it does not work for me.  Somehow I forgot this life lesson.

The early AM scene at my house unfolded like this... I had a "delayed start" to my day (that means, I woke up and did a handful of activities prior to eating breakfast, so by the time I got to the kitchen for breakfast I was hungry, really hungry!  I was groping around looking for anything quick to stick into my mouth to satisfy.).  There, on the table, was a bag full of oatmeal raisin cookies brought into our home on New Year's Eve by my dear father in law.  I started to eat cookies... Wait... what about my "WHITEOUT????!!!!!"  What about it???? A man vs himself struggle ensued as I went to the refrigerator, grabbed leftover chocolate frosting (we had a little New Year's Eve get-together so junk is in the house) and starting dipping the cookies.  It was the epitome of the phrase, "it wasn't pretty." Feeling defeated,  I was reminded of the motto of a Beachbody Coach/facebook friend of mine... It has something to do with goals requiring a plan.  A goal without a plan, well, that's just something that never works.  My morning, if nothing else, illuminated that little factoid in Broadway stage style lighting!  So here I am, the night of the first day of my "WHITEOUT" (that wasn't) knowing full well my goal for 2015 (Ditch the white flour and white sugar) but left needing to devise my plan.  Tomorrow I will institute a plan.  Step one is obvious based on what happened today-- throw out/send to the office with my husband all holiday (food)  bootie remaining in this house!  Most likely, tomorrow won't be pretty either, but I will be kind to myself,  I will try to keep focused on the baby steps of my plan(which is evolving each day) and I will remember that this is not just a WHITEOUT, but rather a Whiteout JOURNEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment