Saturday, January 3, 2015

Birth Order

I've always been a bit curious about birth order theory.  I meet someone highly organized and productive and sure enough,  I later discover they are "first borns."  On the other hand, I run into someone a little more carefree and whimsy; indeed, it's later revealed that they are "last borns."  I am not a first born, if I were, I am sure that this blog would be visually and textually different than what is here presently.   I am a last born.  Declaring my whiteout (though I realize it's important to my health) , was kind of whimsy, and the plan for achieving this new lifestyle was not calculated and controlled; rather, it unfolds quite randomly on a day by day basis, but this, I feel, is what will work best for me.  So, if a last born, you should totally follow this, if not, just hang in there with me.  In my last post, " January 1- Resolution," I outlined step 1 of my plan: throw out The gluten in my home aka-"holiday bootie."  Surprisingly, this was more painful than I had anticipated.  I had some leftover pumpkin roll in the fridge.  I am a glutton for cream cheese icing.  I REALLY wanted to snag one more piece of that spicy, cakey, gooey, creamy cream-cheese confection before I tossed it, but I declined, sticking to my guns!  Yay me!  By following through with step 1, (and I stress "follow through" which is really first born-like), I was inspired to come up with (baby) step 2 in my whiteout journey.  Step 2--- No gluten or sugar before noon.  If I continue to stick to my guns with step 1, step 2 should be a breeze.  My plan is to obtain 100% success with steps 1 and 2 of my plan for 7 consecutive days.  I think I can do it!  Thankful to have the "last born's" sense of optimism!


2 comments:

  1. I'm a fifth out of seven, and I am definitely like you! I would also be so sad about that pumpkin roll. It's amazing how your tastes change. Last year when I was doing an elimination diet, I would open a can of coconut milk and eat the cream off the top with a spoon:) Figure out a good cheat food that you can eat when you are feeling desperate, but won't make you break your resolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great tip... In recent days I've decided I'll keep cooked quinoa on hand for like a warm creamy cozy kind of breakfast cereal

      Delete